This semester my blog will be switching its focus to online communication. I'll be posting weekly about the best and worst of email, web sites and online advertising.

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Abra Cadabra

This weekend, Fort Collins is hosting an event that anyone with a sense of curiosity won't want to miss. The 14th annual Magic in the Rockies convention is coming to town, and it promises to entertain all ages.

Even if you have become a skeptic, you can probably remember a time during your childhood when magic fascinated you. Personally, my fondest magic memory is of watching in awe as a man from my church pulled silver dollars from my ear during coffee hour when I was 10. Looking back, magic in church was probably quite contoversial, and now that I think about it I don't remember seeing him around once I hit middle school.

Whether magic has a special place in your heart or has yet to amaze you, it wouldn't hurt to head down to Old Town and stop by the free magic show before you work some magic of your own at the bars. The excitement starts Wednesday night at 5 p.m. in Old Town Square, and the main act, Sir Mark Logsdon, will be recreating Houdini's "Milk Can Escape" at 6 p.m.

If you happen to miss it, be sure to check out the main performance on Saturday, at 7:30p.m. at the Lincoln Center. According to the Collegian, five internationally acclaimed magicians will be performing alongside mimes and martial arts experts. Sweet. Tickets start at $10 a seat and the show is expected to sell out.

Would you go if I told you Harry Potter will be there?

No comments: